Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Miracle Potion

I have found the single most valuable cosmetic to have on hand. Whether you are traveling, going clubbing, or are just heading to school or work, this is your sure-fire way to have your skin look awake, youthful, healthy, and vibrant. The best part about this cosmetic? It takes seconds to apply, and the container lasts forever. So I'm sure by now you're asking, "What is this miracle potion you speak of?"

I will tell you. Or even better, I will show you.


It's Amazing....


It's awe-inspiring...

It's magical...


It'll be your best friend...
 

It's tasty!

Well, maybe not so much.

This miracle potion by Benefit is called... High Beam!


High beam is a luminous highlighter product. It works well with all skin types. It's flattering on all skin tones. It's age appropriate for all. Best of all, people will stare at you wondering why you look so amazing!


So. You may be asking, "How do I apply this wonderful concoction?" or "WHERE do I apply this magnificent cosmetic nectar?" Well, hush so I can tell you!

Highlighters are meant to bring out the parts of your face which would be exposed to and ideally reflect the most light. This includes the bridge of the nose, the brow bone, the chin, and most importantly, the cheek bones.

Not sure where your cheek bones are? Try sucking your cheeks in and make a fishy-face.

 High Beam comes with an awesome brush applicator. It's very similar to a bottle of nail polish.
 I recommend applying this at the end of your makeup ritual. Once you've smeared it on your skin with the brush, use a blotting technique with your fingers or a makeup sponge to blend it in. You don't want to rub it into your skin too much, just enough so that it looks smooth.

Before...

After!
Look at the energy! See how luminous? My face looks fresher and more awake! There's a beautiful glow! This will be even more apparent in real life. Now, here's something to keep in mind. There are no rules that say you need to apply this to all of your highlighted areas. Usually, I stick with the cheek and brow bones. Sometimes I just do the cheek. For a more dramatic look go for the gusto and highlight them all!

This sensational face-treat can be purchased at Sephora. For 24 bucks you can get this generous .45 container of pure heaven. It will last you pretty much forever.  Besides, there's no price-tag for a miracle, right?


Emily

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm I'm intrigued. I always smear some sort of shimmery eye shadow on my cheekbones and 'highlighty' areas after my makeup ritual but THIS...this looks great. I'm getting ready to do an online makeup order, I might have to get some...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I walked into the Macy's in the Spokane Valley Mall on Saturday...

    and, lo and behold, there was a Benefit makeup counter! I had no idea they sold Benefit at Macy's!

    So I caved and bought some, and I LOVE IT!

    -Mary Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily,

    I love, love , love this product!!!
    It does not look cheap. And even if you are not in your 20-s - this "beam" makes your face look younger and tighter. You can wear this at work and during a day time
    Thank you, Emily!
    Irena A

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts