Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Happy Place

Living in an 800 square ft, one bedroom apartment with my husband can be challenging. I'm a relatively independent person to begin with, but I imagine lots of newlyweds have problems finding solitude, especially once they have children. I realized I needed to create a space that was solely mine, where I could go to read, nap, crochet, and dream. Enter: The Chair

 I went around to all sorts of different furniture stores and flopped into many chairs, testing  out the cushiness. None of them seemed quite right, until this baby. I can melt into it, and it completely envelopes me. Whenever I want some "me" time, I cuddle up with my blankie and drift in to Emily's Happy Place. It is the one place in this tiny apartment that is mine alone, where I can find solitude.

Unfortunately, I'm not the only one who goes to The Chair for solitude. I guess sharing is part of life.  :)



♥Emily

1 comment:

  1. Love it! You and I need to go chair shopping for me! =) <3

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts