Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fall Fashion, Day 2

 
Ok, up next, is one of my favorite fall/winter fashion items, and they will never go out of style.
 
Leather Gloves 
They're functional, beautiful, sophisticated, and timeless. The best part is, depending on what you wear them with, you can have a vintage look, a rocker edge, or a simple modern feel. Besides, there's something about leather that makes you feel special.
 
 
These, I love. How often have you seen teal leather? A coat in this color would be excessive, but it's got just the right amount of pizazz as a pair of gloves. They're just long enough so that your wrists don't get cold, and the ruching at the wrist keeps the warmth in. I would love to wear these while driving a classic Mercedes.
 
 
 
I absolutely love a dark burgundy color for colder weather. It instantly reminds me of cranberry sauce, which leads to thoughts of Thanksgiving and other wintery activities. These suede gloves are in such a rich velvety suede, and are lined with silk! I don't know if you're all aware, but silk is an excellent insulator. I have some silk liners that I ski with, and they keep me so toasty! I love the idea of slipping my hands into these posh gloves.
 
 
These gloves are soooo perfect! Perfect length, classic cut, and the zipper? Just right. These are definitely the type of gloves that would channel a modern Amelia Earhart.
 
 
 
If you know anything about me, you'll know I absolutely love girly details, like ruffles, lace, or bows! These gloves are a bit shorter, in a rich black leather, with the cutest understated bow accent! Need I say more?
 
 
BUDGET FRIENDLY ALTERNATIVE:
 
Ok, so I'm a little in shock about how inexpensive these gloves are. $34 for some quality, chic leather gloves? Snatch these up! They come in two other colors, and each of them have different stitching and accents. I'm particularly fond of these caramel ones. The stitching is very hippy/indie, but the leather ups the sophistication factor.
 
 
 
Yay for fall!
  (\ -- /)
  ( =' x '=)
  (")_(")
♥Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts